Unlock the past...
Come and stay in our heritage listed convict brick and stone homes in the heart of the historic Saltwater River Probation Station precinct. Water views, rolling rural pastures, sensational natural beauty and history surround you.
Embrace the beauty
The Surgeon’s Cottage (sleeps 6), on the hill, overlooking the water, offers beautifully renovated old world charm, with all modern conveniences.
Semaphore House (sleeps 8), by the water, is ideally suited to a family or larger groups who want a more informal setting.
Be busy, be adventurous, be whatever your holiday means to you... but come home to your own private world.
One night will never be enough. Book today
Houses are approximately :
- 1½ hours from Hobart; historic Richmond and the Coal River Wine region
- 20 mins from world heritage listed Port Arthur Historic site
- 5 minutes from the world heritage listed Coal Mines Historic Site
- 5 minutes from our local shop and petrol
- 10 minutes to restaurants, bakery, supermarket, hairdressers, chemist and medical services, post office and bottleshop
...walk to the water on your doorstep ...and discover why we call it Tigerbay!
"Everything we hoped for plus some"
Read what past guests have said about Tigerbay Retreat.