Things to do
Discover Tasmania offers great information about Tasmania – what’s on, things to do and see and do, how to get there and how to get around.
Here are just some of things to do near our homes:
World Heritage listed historical sites
- Port Arthur and Coal Mines world heritage listed historic sites
- Follow the Convict Trail around the Tasman Peninsula
...and of course The Surgeon's Cottage and Semaphore House are heritage listed!
- Devil's Kitchen
- Fortescue Bay
- Pirates Bay
- Remarkable Cave
- Tasman Arch
- Tessellated Pavement
- Waterfall Bay
- Blow Hole
- Crescent Beach – pristine water and dunes
- Stewarts Bay – hire a boat or a canoe
- Wild Roaring Beach – magnificent surfing and dunes
- Lime Bay - natural beauty and swimming
- Slopen Main - safe swimming and glorious views
...and of course on your doorstep Tigerbay where you can wander and pick oysters and mussels off the banks, swim in the shallows, canoe , boat and fish
Restaurants and cafés
- Lucky Ducks – we love their innovative Australian cuisine – fresh bread and homemade preserves. They also do hampers of cooked food on request
- Felons at Port Arthur
- Eucalyptus – cafe food
- Bakery and pizza shop
...and so much more
- For the walkers, there is our library of books on walks from a couple of hours to overnight and longer.
- For the cyclists there are challenging gradients and spectacular views...
- Climbing - spectacular sea cliffs of the Tasman Peninsula
- Diving - underwater sea caves, kelp forests and the legendary Sea Dragon
- and for those who just want to sit, there are never ending views to absorb